I am halfway through my 30 in 30 painting challenge. I am actually enjoying it. Here are a few things I have learned along the way to make it a little easier.
- Have your painting area clean and your supplies organized . It saves time and aggravation when you can't put your hands on something.
- Decide the substrates and sizes you will be painting on.
- Prepare your substrate surfaces beforehand. I decided to use watercolour paper 140lb. I used a thick white gesso to add a slight texture to the surface. I am using acrylic paint , so I wanted my paper sealed.
- Work on more than one painting at a time. For me 3 at a time seemed to work well for my work space
- Have a theme that runs through all 30 paintings.
- Perhaps break your overall theme into smaller subsets. For me, each set of three has similar subject matter. For example, the three paintings below are all about imaginary gardens. They can stand alone or as a set.
If you have completed a painting challenge and have any tips for making the process easier to manage let us know in the comments section. Hope this encourages you to participate in a challenge.